Course Dates : We don’t have a date for this course yet. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest
Time : To Be Decided
Location : Online
This two-day course will be beneficial to teachers who are already teaching IELTS classes, as well as for ESL instructors who wish to teach IELTS classes in the future. ESL teachers will receive a Certificate in Teaching IELTS Preparation upon the successful completion of the course.
The course introduces participants to the most effective strategies for achieving student success. Through direct 'hands on' experience participants will leave the workshop equipped with a wealth of ideas, classroom activities and source material to reduce student stress, enrich their own teaching of academic writing, reading, speaking, and listening, and encourage the highest possible outcomes for future IELTS candidates attending their classes.
The aim of the course is to help ESL teachers gain knowledge of the principles of effective IELTS teaching. This course will also help teachers acquire a range of practical Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking strategies they can use in their IELTS Preparation Classes.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
The course syllabus consists of five specific topic areas:
• Structure of Academic IELTS and General Training IELTS tests
• IELTS Students’ needs • Language skills: strategies to teach IELTS Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking
• Planning and resources for IELTS Classes
• Developing IELTS teaching skills and professionalism
The topics will be assessed through one final assignment.
By the end of this course you should be able to...
1. understand the format of the IELTS test
2. understand IELTS students’ needs
3. write clear objectives for IELTS Preparation Classes
4. structure IELTS classes accordingly to achieve the objectives
5. use effective listening, reading, writing, and speaking strategies and techniques
6. access a range of IELTS Preparation resources
The language level required to attend this program is Advanced.
Teachers will have to submit proof of their English Language Proficiency (e.g. IELTS/TOEFL
certificates) or TESL Ontario/TESL Canada membership certificates.
Time commitment: 20 hours (approx)
Course length: 2 days
Copyright @2023 The IELTS School of Toronto. All Rights Reserved.